Friday 29 May 2009

Yum Yum YUM!!!!!

I've just read an article about child labour in Bangladesh and it saddens me a lot that families have to rely on their children working to be able to survive.
Children are only supplied free education between the ages of 6 and 10 and only half of the children attend school! Some leave early and have a full time job before their 10th birthday.
When I was 10 years old I didn't have a care in the world. I went to school, had my meals cooked for me and played with my friends, just like a child should be able to. But I've realised just how fortunate I am! Most children have responsibilities at a really young age and through lack of education don't have the ability to change their circumstances.
We are so lucky that God has put us in a place where we have such great potential, an ability to make a difference and to thrive. He's blessed us with everything we could possibly need, plus loads of luxuries. In our comfortable states we must remember how fortunate we are and remember that we are the minority.
I'm going to praise God every day for the great things he's given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment