Friday 13 February 2009

Visions becoming Reality


We love vision, we love seeing what God calls people to pioneer and pursue.

At Emerging Culture we are passionate about releasing people for the visions that God gives us.Sometimes it's really hard to see what God's vision for us is, and other times it's really hard to see why we have been given a vision, and nothing is happening. I was reminded of a section of Oswald Chambers' 'My Utmost for His Highest'. It's a brilliant daily devotional book, that is really helpful for giving a godly perspective on every day.

He says this..."God gives us a vision, and then He takes us down to the valley to batter us into the shape of that vision. It is in the valley that so many of us give up and faint. Every God-given vision will become real if we will only have patience. Just think of the enormous amount of free time God has! He is never in a hurry. Yet we are always in such a frantic hurry."

This really challenged me to have a new perspective on vision and on time. How often I forget to trust that God's timing is perfect! I am always convinced that I know better.Not only that, but the idea that God gives me a vision, and it's not just the vision that I need to refine and work out the details of, it's my life as well.

God is so committed to my character. When He gives me something, whether thats a vision for a specific project, whether thats a heart for justice, whether thats the gift of service...God is using these to change my character and then to change the world and my community as a result.

God help me to trust you, help me to surrender my plans to you.

God build and refine my character, use me to change the world.

To read more of the extract from Oswald Chambers, check out www.myutmost.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment